A Nuptial Mass, Cigar and Craft Beer Reception

This is a personal post. And like most things in my life, cigars and craft beer naturally find their way into the scene. I think that is because of the culture that comes with them- beautiful conversations, an unspoken bond, and the thought of all the people involved in crafting such elegant cigars and beers with the purpose ultimately of them to be enjoyed.

teresa-and-timothy-wedding-002teresa-and-timothy-wedding-003

I enjoy sharing my favorite cigars with those I meet, and especially love seeing them smile as they appreciate them. Conversations always seem to strengthen as the cigar goes on, telling its own story.

I’ve been wanting to share these very special moments from my wedding, where my husband and I entered into Holy Matrimony surrounded by family and friends. There are many photos and stories to share, but I’ll keep it to a selected few that I hope you, too, will enjoy.

A few names you may recognize would include Matt Booth from Room 101, who custom designed and made my wedding ring, David Peck, a local designer whom I greatly admire and am honored to have designed my dress, Victoria from General Cigars, who so generously provided cigars for our guests to enjoy at the reception, and the support of so many of our friends in the cigar industry who we feel honored to call family.

A very special thank you to Awake Photography for spending the day with us and capturing these dear moments! I highly recommend you view her work and blog.

teresa-and-timothy-wedding-004

This moment above was just before the wedding. Designer and friend, David Peck, places the mantilla/veil on my head. Everything about the design of the dress and mantilla were perfect. I am so thankful to have had such an amazing person be there and be involved in this journey.

teresa-and-timothy-wedding-005teresa-and-timothy-wedding-006teresa-and-timothy-wedding-009teresa-and-timothy-wedding-007teresa-and-timothy-wedding-010teresa-and-timothy-wedding-011

Our reception occurred in the evening at a local favorite craft brewery, Buffalo Bayou Brewery. A particular favorite was being poured that night, the “Sunset” which is a Black IPA made with Amaya Coffee (another favorite); a wonderful first toast I might add.

The rings- my husband surprised me with a one of a kind, custom designed ring by Matt Booth of Room 101. I am at a loss of words to express my delight, or how much it means; I have an amazing husband and am so happy to be with him. Our wonderful photographers surprised us with this treat- a photo of our rings with a splash of beer!**

teresa-and-timothy-reception-room-101-ringteresa-and-timothy-reception-room-101-ring-beerteresa-and-timothy-reception-cake-bouquet

teresa-and-timothy-reception-cake-cuttingteresa-and-timothy-reception-cake-cutting-beer-toast

teresa-and-timothy-reception-flowers-and-cigarsteresa-and-timothy-reception-flowers-and-cigars-wedding

teresa-and-timothy-reception-cigar-shop-friends

This last photo is quite personal as well, but one I very much wish to share. I love this because all of these wonderful people you see here are from various cigar shops of Houston. I think this photo shows how well they all get along – very much a family. Three cigar shops are represented in this particular photo. It wasn’t staged either, the photographer happened to see such a lovely group talking and had them pause for a quick shot. What a beautiful moment!

These last few shots are from our engagement session, which naturally, too, would have a cigar make an appearance, ha. Thank you for taking the time to view this special and important time in my life. As a viewer and reader of my site, I consider you to be a part of our family as well. Thank you for humoring me at the very least 😉 We will now return to our normal programming; cigar reviews, cocktail recipes, and more to follow.

teresa-and-timothy-engagementteresa-and-timothy-engagement-bookstore

*Cigar smoked in the engagement photo session: This is a custom blend made at Drew Estate from our last visit to Nicaragua. A very happy and special smoke.

**Funny thing, the only detail shot of a cigar box with my jewelry was the Room 101 cigar box photo you see; the photographer had chosen that box on her own. She had no idea about the relation it had to us and the ring. Another reason of why our photographer, Paige, is so fantastic!

Tags: , , ,

11 Comments

1. Dr. Gaby Kafie
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 18:17:58

Congratulations … Absolutely beautiful everything ! May your marriage and your home be blessed !

2. Martin R. Keeler
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 18:52:05

Wonderful !! Love your webpage and video blogs. God bless you two with a loving and fruitful union.

3. Alex L
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 22:53:54

So happy for you guys. Seem like a happy couple with plenty of common interests which are hard to come by nowadays.

Based on your pictures, was your ceremony at Co-Cathedral? Nonetheless, thanks for sharing those beautiful photos.

Regards,
    Alex

4. Daniel Lance
    Apr 02, 2014 @ 17:01:25

Congratulations! Looks like it was a beautiful wedding best of luck to both of you.

I like that he had Matt do the rings, he did a great job!

Best wishes,
    Daniel

5. Tee
    Apr 05, 2014 @ 21:01:42

Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos. There is nothing sweeter than the love of God, family, friends, hand crafted spirits and fine cigars.

Your website brings a smile to my face everyday. Mahalo, Tee

6. Mike Bucks
    Apr 06, 2014 @ 12:15:38

Ok, now get started on the kids

7. Arun Sinha
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 16:04:00

Congratulations! Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing. All the best to you and your husband.

8. Bryan Glynn
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 11:38:24

Congratulations you guys! As a wedding photog I have to say you two make an amazing couple and yes you picked a fantastic shooter! Many happy years to you both :)

9. TrueNick
    Apr 20, 2014 @ 15:20:35

Congrats on the wedding.

Can I give you my fiancee’s contact info so you can talk her into something like that for our wedding?

It would be the most awesome thing I could possibly think of. As a guy, weddings don’t normally drive me crazy, but this one was right down my alley.

10. teresa
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:54:29

Thank you all so much! Your thoughts mean more than you know. Thank you for your prayers and generous words!

Daniel – Thank you- he certainly did! It was a lovely surprise.

Alex – I adore the Co-Cathedral! This was at St. John Vianney on Memorial.

Tee – You’ve just brought a smile to my face, thank you :)

Nick – Congratulations! I would be more than happy to assist in any way I can. For us, the sacrament was the most important part and everything else was a lovely extra. Our wedding was very traditional, and then the reception was a party!

We wanted everyone to mingle, feel relaxed and truly enjoy themselves. The ceremony was for us, the reception was for them. With so many options available these days it can quickly become overwhelming. With the two of you becoming one, the reception is a wonderful place to combine the things you enjoy with your families 😉

11. Cigar Inspector
    Jun 07, 2014 @ 14:32:25

Congratulations! Those photos are wonderful! Love that you chose to celebrate your love for cigars as part of your wedding.